Western States Rural Transportation Technology Implementers Forum
The Western States Forum is an annual event where implementers of ITS technologies have the opportunity to share technical information on best practices and field deployment experiences with fellow professionals from across the western United States. It can best be described as an engineering practitioner's conference with the goal of providing a forum for high-quality exchange of technical information that can help to support better ITS deployment in rural areas. It is a forum for dynamic discussion of practical and technical issues associated with rural ITS, to promote transferability of solutions and knowledge across the ITS community. Four to five highly interactive technical presentations, ranging in length from 1 to 2 hours each, in-depth equipment demonstrations, and numerous opportunities for networking with peers, are all part of the agenda.
Who should attend?
ITS technology practitioners at the state and local level:
- Field engineers and maintenance staff
- Systems integration/networking engineers
- Wireless/communications technicians
Thank you to all the participants and speakers who helped make the 11th Annual Forum a success! Please visit the 2016 Past Forum page to review the agenda, technical presentations, and photos from the event.
The Western States Forum won the 2012 Best of Rural ITS Award for Best New Innovative Product, Service or Application! The award was announced during a special presentation of the opening session of the 2012 National Rural ITS Conference held in Biloxi, Mississippi, September 16th-19th.
- 2016 Technical Presentations
- Read more About the Forum.
- There are numerous examples of ways in which the Forum has helped participants with implementation of ITS technology. Read more here.
- Western States Forum Fact Sheet
- Technical content from earlier Forums can be found in the Forum archive.